Sunday, September 8, 2013

I haven't the Fogg-ust idea what rhymes with August...

 Whew, almost done with all this blogging catch-up!  August was nice and lazy, just like late summer should be, but we still did a few things.



1. We had a bounteous garden (pictured in the back) and have harvested a LOT of tomatoes, peppers, and squash.  We grew heirloom tomatoes this year, which are so pretty and tasty!


 2. We hie-d to Kolob Canyon, a first for both of us.  As you can see from my expression, it's pretty sunny up there.  The only thing that would have made this picture better is if we were waving, then we would literally be hie-ing to Kolob.



3.  Jason and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary.  Wowza!  We stayed in a little cabin up Ogden Canyon for a night, went out to eat, and did lots of fishing.  I mean, lots of appearing to be fishing, but not catching anything.  It was a fun trip anyhow, and I got a kick out of watching Jason wade around in the river un-snagging his line.



4. We had playdates with the neighbor kids.  It's fantastic having neighbors with kids the same ages as our kids!



5. We figured out how to build glasses out of Legos.  That kind of knowledge may come in handy some day, you just never know.



6. We did some serious playing.  Addie goes everywhere with Sparkles, her Koala.  She even stuffs Sparkles down the front of her shirt so she can swing with her.  Being 5 is so great!



7. We ate ice cream cones.  These particular cones were purchased and consumed after an overwhelming trip to Ikea (which seems to be the only kind of trip you can have there).  I love Jack's faces in these pictures.  He cracks me up like an egg in a Vitamix.  As you can see, I like to coordinate my children's clothing with the places we will be shopping at that day. 


 8. Due to Jack's repeated and nearly (if it weren't for those darn knees always getting stuck between the slats) successful attempts to escape his crib, he was upgraded to a day bed.  I love it when he wakes up, strolls out of his room with his tiger toy dragging along behind, and says, "Hi!" like we have encountered each other on the street. 


No comments: