Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Zoostifamgarusic

We went to the zoo today with Crystal and her two little girls. It was so much fun and such perfect weather! This was Addie's first trip to the zoo...I think she really enjoyed it. Later, after we had come home, I caught her flipping through her ZOO FRIENDS book like she was reminiscing. No lie.

Random girl, Lydia, Faith, Addie and Moi. And a spectacular Zebra, who seemed bored out of his mind and perhaps a little sad. Poor Zeb.

Daddy and Addie, checking out some monkey business.

It was such an incredibly nice day today that Addie and I thought it was better to be outside playing with sticks than inside playing with actual toys.

We got to visit some family two weeks ago and, as you can see, we had fun. Nate and Tricia had just returned from Europe and brought me back an awesome French artist hat. I'm a real artist now, no debating that. (Cami, Addie and Caitie.)

Addie and I planted some herbs and vegetables/ melons (thought we'd get a headstart on our garden) a few weeks ago. They're all in Addie's room since it gets the most light. They've all sprouted now except for the watermelon. Addie got her own cup of dirt to spill all over herself while we were planting these. It was pure baby joy.

Jason recently decided to pick up the guitar again, so Addie's been getting her own private concerts. Lucky kid.

Oh, and I finally finished the Florida post for those of you that have been waiting anxiously to read it. It's after the Cheerio one, which is after the signs one, which is after this one. Enjoy....preferably like its a slice of dark chocolate cake with sweet, fresh raspberries generously spilling over its chocolate curls and a dab of snow-white whipped cream sitting like a king on his dessert throne on top. Thanks.

6 comments:

Julie said...

So what are you going to do with the herbs and veggie's you started? You must have quite a green thumb! I can't grow anything. I got a flower pot a few weeks ago from a friend, and I quickly gave it to Clark's wife to care for before I could kill it!

kate said...

FUn! Addie is simply adorable! What a cute like chunk! ;)
Love the sign post as well. You found some goodies!

Jessica and Todd said...

It took us about 10 minutes to decipher the post's title. It was like a game, super fun!! Looks like you guys are having a great time. The gardening picture is really cute, Addie has such an adorable smile.

Robyn said...

I couldn't figure out the title of this post. I gave up before 10 minutes though.

Lincoln also loves guitar music and Tyler's guitar. He would play with it all day and break every string if we would let him.

The other night I was wishing we could hang out with you guys some time! It's been too long.

Zach said...

Comisha is the word verification of the day. That's what you say if someone is pretending to be a candy bar and they won't stop. You say, "if you don't stop pretending to be a candy bar I'll "comisha" (come eat ya). A bit of a stretch, no?

Adrea, I love the sign preservation idea. I was seriously thinking about that the other day while driving through some run-down towns in Wyoming. SO MANY way cool signs that just need a little bit of love to touch them up but they are only going to keep falling apart until someone tears them down or paints them black. What the heck is that about? I didn't know they tarred those ice-cream cones. That is nonsense. Mick Jagger doesn't even talk about wanting to paint ice-cream cones black in his song "Paint it Black". I'm appaled.

Zoos are fantastic (unless you see an elephant have a nervous breakdown and bust its tusk). And babies loving guitars is fantastic, too (unless they attack an elephant and break its tusk).

severts6 said...

What's Jack Black doing in your house - singing to your kid?