Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream was giving out free cones today, so we went and screamed for some. Actually, we just stood in a fairly fast-moving line for our decently-sized and tasty cones. I had the chocolate macadamia, J had cookie dough, and Addie (yep, even Addie got one) had strawberry. I would have posted about this event earlier to inform everyone, but I forgot. Anyway, here's some photos to prove my story:

Addie really, really, really loved her ice cream. It's possible she gave herself a brain freeze with the speed at which she was consuming it. It's also possible that this is a photo of that brain freeze. I let it drip all over her face and shirt because everyone knows that's the only way to fully enjoy ice cream. She's a summer baby for sure.
And here's a photo from Easter. The Easter Bunny actually did come to our house. He left a pink rabbit for Addie and two chocolate bunnies for Jason and I on our porch, along with a singing card (the kind that plays music when you open it). It wasn't signed, but we're pretty sure it was either the large, festive hoppity floppity himself or our super-nice neighbor, Leon. Or that Leon is the Easter Bunny. Or that the Easter Bunny is Leon, depending on who was what first. Don't bother trying to understand that. Anyway, we had a delicious dinner at my parents house, too. It was an awesome Easter.
We dyed eggs with our friends, Mitch and Lindie, the night before. My favorite one is Jason's pirate egg. It's the blue one on the top row. It was pretty fun...we maybe got a little carried away when we ran out of boiled eggs and started dying all the raw ones.
Here are a few more signs I've photographed to add to my collection. The star-thingy on the top of this old sign lights up red at night, or used to before Granite Furniture moved. We can see it from our back windows when its on. We like to think its our own constant firework. Yeah, its pretty rad.
This awesome sign now points to a laundromat. Why does everything eventually become a laundromat? Probably only laundromats will exist in the future, having taken over all other businesses. At least we'll have clean clothes.
Addie reminds me of an old man sometimes. This was one of those times. When I tried to move the sippy cup her fingers clung to it like glue. Would you believe I called five different Toys 'R Us' trying to find that orange stroller? Everyone was out. I didn't want a pink one or gray one, which were the only colors in stock. I found this one at Babies 'R Us...she better like it. Also, please notice her awesome tie-dyed leggings. They were a baby shower gift and she just barely grew into them. I almost wish I had a pair, just to wear in my room ( "Chancho, when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun.").Okay, last thing: This Saturday and Sunday is the Earth Jam celebration in Liberty Park. My brother, Steve, and his band are playing at 7pm. If you happen to be around then, consider jamming on behalf of Earth.
2 comments:
Ahhh! You guys, your comment on my blog led me to some newfound knowledge about carbuncles. I had no idea. I just thought they were red stones (but I'm sure that's where they got the medical term). Gross! Gross! and double Gross!
D'ya s'pose 'f I went outside and screamed really loud for ice cream Ben and Jerry's would appear? I'm jealous.
Andrea, I jsut remembered I've got a few old signs I've photographated. Maybe I'll post 'em sometime or send them to you.
I want an Easter Bunny neighbor. I can see the Easter Bunny being named Leon. I will tell Liz about this Earth Day Jam. Are you guys going?
I love love love the pictures of Addie. Especially when she's an old man. So cute!
Jackie Black
Post a Comment