I don't know if you guys have noticed the happy little baby slowly moving across the top of the screen towards goal 40, but she's almost there. Yeah, eighteen days left. The doctor says she could come anytime now, so my imagination has been running wild with labor scenarios. I was playing frisbee yesterday, and I thought: what if she decided now was a good time? Or in a movie theater? Or in line at the grocery store? Or on the walk back from Bed, Bath, and Beyond? I think it's kind of cool not knowing when she will come, like knowing someone has planned a surprise party for you but you don't know when; and every time you round a corner or walk in the front door you think, "Maybe it's right now. Maybe everyone is waiting to jump out in a second to yell, 'Surprise!'" I hope she actually yells, "Surprise!" when she comes. I also hope she comes with confetti and balloons. Small balloons.
Jason recently cleaned himself up: he shaved off all of his facial hair and he cut his hair. I feel like I just traded in my husband for a different one. I wonder if the neighbors will think I'm scandalous when they see me leave in a car with him, or when they see him come in at night and not leave until the morning. I'm so used to kissing a mustache that now I feel like I'm kissing a girl. I told him that, and now he thinks its so funny to torture me with weird girl kisses.
9 comments:
Whoa! You need to post a picture of the new Jason. I remember when I was a fledgling fetus I didn't want to pull any tricks on my mom by coming out at an awkward time. So I just woke her from her sleep one morning. I think what I said when I came out was "Are you all ready for this", and then some techno music started playing.
Is Jason getting ready to apply for a new church calling or something? I just cant picture what he would look like all cleaned up. 19 days! Wahoo! I cant wait to see the little gal, thanks for watching over Jeffrey on Thursday. We'll miss you at the reunion! I'm sure we'll have all kinds of crazy stories, and maybe we'll come back to hear a story about you giving birth early....
Oh yeah, I just remembered... go ahead and watch (and enjoy immensely) "The Wizard". Things to watch and listen for: "I love the Power Glove, it's so bad", a deisel driver driving perfectly straight while he's turning the wheel like crazy, a cameo appearance by a very young Toby McGuire at the Super Mario Bros. 3 competition, and the phrase "this is going to brain you out" (also at the competition).
Hang in there Andrea! I know you'll do great. I can't wait to see this little Utley! I am so excited for you guys, it is going to be awesome! Good luck and call us as soon as the excitement dies down after she arrives. We love you!
Andrea you're such a cute writer- and I agree about the baby's birth being like a surprise party- and chances all you'll be totally surprised and caught off guard even though your expecting the party at any moment. Good luck and I'd just like to mention how amazingly fast you were at sending thank yous out- you little overachiever! I wish I could see Jason's lack of facial hair at the reunion but we'll just wait for the pictures. Peace out, as my Griff man would say...
I love your little stories. You must post a picture of Jason! It didn't have anything to do with he and Jeff running into Uncle Bryan at Costco, did it?
The little girl probably won't yell "surprise" but she'll yell something. I'm so excited for you! Sleep as much as you can now! We'll miss you this weekend.
aw man, I wish we were going to the family reunion! It would be so fun to see everybody! J was trying to grow his hair out to donate it to locks of love, but when we measured it last week he only had eight inches (to donate you have to have at least ten). It was too annoying to him to keep any longer, so it got cut. I'm not sure why he shaved his face...maybe he just wants to start a fresh mustache from scratch.
Oh.. I love the idea of the surprise party! It's fantastic! I hope that you have it soon! I love parties! :)
He doesnt want to scratch the baby's face! 9 days! I'm so excited! I got a little teary-eyed when I saw you guys on the Utley slide-show that was shown at the reunion. Plus, I saw pictures of Utley boys that I never knew existed... I need to keep better track of all of Jason's siblings.
Post a Comment