Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Conglomerate Mass

I know, I know...I've slacked on blogging. All of you faithful bloggers have been daily checking our blog, hoping for something new and exciting, only to be sorely disappointed. I know, you've read and re-read the last few posts over and over, trying to have your thirst for utley-info quenched, but its never been enough. Today your agonizing wait is over! Today you will read something new and enlightening! You leave this blog feeling more refreshed than you have in weeks! Today is your day to lift your heads out of the shadows of neglect and embrace the rays of a new post! Hip hip hurrah!

So, first things first, here are some free events coming up that you should all be aware of:
  • June 6th is National Donut Day. Krispe Kreme is giving out one free donut to every customer all day-look for a participating location near you! (side note: it also happens to be my birthday-it pleases me greatly to share my day of entrance into the world with a celebration of donuts. Jason's birthday is June 5th-a day of no national food fiestas. So sad.)
  • June 7th is Free Fishing Day. This means that you can go fishing anywhere in Utah without a license-no fear of fees or fines.
  • June 13th is Free Hot Dog on a Stick Day. Go to your nearest Hot Dog on a Stick eatery to receive your free hot dog...on a stick, of course.

We recently returned from a trip to St. George. We had a lot of fun and the time went by fast. We went tortoise hunting with Zach (you can find a description if the hunt on his blog page. A link to his blog can be found on our link list). We found not one, not two, but three tortoises on our escapade through the desert. It was pretty awesome and we took many pictures-I will post them someday. We saw Ben and Kim's new house, which looks really good even though it still has work left to do on it. We ate sloppy joes made skillfully by Ben's mom in the company of Ben, Kim, and Zach. Kim is looking good, and we boinked bellies as a way of introducing our babes to each other. We went shooting with Jason's dad and a few brothers, which was a thrill to Jason because he just got a M44 Russian WWII rifle (it also has a fixed bayonet, which is cool). We spent time with Jason's family and, as always, were spoiled by good food, good fun, and good times. Caitie, Jason's five-going-on-six year old little sister, wanted to see if she could hear the baby so she put her ear on my belly. After a few seconds she announced that she couldn't hear it, but she could smell it. I asked her if she was sure that it was the baby she was smelling and not me, and she said, "Well, I smelled two smells. I smelled a big smell and a little smell". For those of you that are curious about what our baby smells like, Caitie says that she smells like cream.

5 comments:

Melenie said...

mmmm, Krispy Kreme. I'll have to figure out where the nearest one is!

That's really cute what Caitie said, I bet those two girls will love having a little baby neice.

Zach said...

HAPPY B-DAYs, MY FRIENDS! May saultiable free pasteries find their ways into your mouths.
I said YES to NC! Aaaaaahhh! I'll leave next week. Maybe I'll make enough money to finally buy Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for Sega Genesis and everything else I've ever wanted.
Big and little smells? I guess that makes sense. I think I would rather be a little smell.
Is Hot Dog on a Stick an actual place?

kate said...

I love that you know all the National whatever days.. good info to know. So I'm sad that we didn't get to see you guys and your cute belly.. Sounds like a great weekend.

Julie said...

Such good info. Perhaps we'll have to go fishing on the 7th. I love what Caitie said. So cute. Perhaps you'll have to think of a name in the "cream" family. Ok, after I typed that, I couldn't think of anything cute so that was dumb, but hey.

Happy b-day to both of you.

Robyn said...

I can't wait to meet little creamy baby Utley! hope you're feeling good and pampering yourself this last little while!