
Have you heard of Porter Rockwell, the Mormon Triggerite,
They say he hunts down outlaws when the moon is shining bright,
So if you rustle cattle, I'll tell you what to do,
Get the drop on Porter Rockwell, or he'll get the drop on you.
I just wanted to let everyone know that today is Orrin Porter Rockwell's birthday. If he were still alive today, he would be 195 years old. He was the body guard and loyal friend of Joseph Smith as well as other prominent Mormon men and prophets. He was known as the Destroying Angel, which, incidentally, is also a 1lb hamburger you can get at Porter's Place in Lehi, UT. Here is a picture of me eating one:

Jason and I shared it. Pretty tasty. Joseph Smith once prophesied that if Porter Rockwell never cut his hair "no bullet or blade" would harm him. He never did cut his hair (except once, to make a wig for a sick lady who had lost her hair, but apparently that didn't count) and he died of a heart attack at a nice old age (65). He was so awesome and seemingly invincible that, although he died at a natural age for that time, the people had an autopsy done on him because they couldn't believe he really died. So, Jason will probably add some cool stories to this post later because I can't remember any right now. Just make sure you celebrate his birthday today by doing something Rockwell-ish, like shoot a gun or have a "squar" drink. Or just say, "Wheat!" instead of "Good!" at least once today (I'll let Jason explain that one later).
4 comments:
Mmm, I think its time to plan a trip to Porter's Place! That hanburger is huge! I wonder if they're having a party there today? If you ever have a boy, you better keep your word and name him Porter!
Umm..I think that this should've been a SURPRISE I had a baby post.. Oh well. Porter sounds pretty cool too!
Yummy... That looks way tasty! I am way into hamburgers... You'll have to take us there sometime!!
That hamburger is totally huge--bigger than your head. I can't believe anyone could actually finish that thing off alone.
Okay, we're ready for a "we had our baby" post. Yippee!
Post a Comment