Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and some Addie Funnies

Jason made me breakfast AND cleaned up the kitchen for me on Mother's Day.  In fact, he did a lot of things for me all day, and I got to just be lazy and sit in a chair.  Why isn't everyday Mother's Day?  Addie kept giving me things I already own (like a pair of black heels) to me for presents.  It's the thought that counts, right?  She also wished everyone a Happy Mother's Day all day, including grandpa and the dog.  I  enjoyed a fancy, chilled Australian root beer right out of the bottle with my lunch (I'm not too hard to please, really) and it was very satisfying and delicious.  I have 3 more to drink, and I think I'll try to make them last awhile. 

 This Mother's Day was the first one that Addie was old enough to go sing with the primary kids in sacrament meeting.  I asked her if she wanted to go up and sing and she immediately turned and started walking up to the front without saying a word.  What a brave 3 year-old.  We could only see the top of her head and eyes since she's so small, but it was cute to see her up there.  She gave me a necklace she made and this:


I especially like where she wrote her own name.  She's got all the letters (plus one), just in a different order.  That's a purple flower in the corner that she drew by herself. 

My dad made Sunday dinner for us all (grilled salmon, potatoes, and salad with grilled pineapple and ice cream for dessert) and we followed it up with a game of Apples to Apples.  It was a good Mother's Day!  I'm so glad that I have the wonderful mother I do, and that I get to be a mother, too.  My dear mom came and planted my front flower bed for me on Saturday as a Mother's Day present for me.  I am so excited to have beautiful flowers in my front yard!  Does anyone else's mom give them gifts on Mother's Day?  I am so spoiled loved by my mom.  I hope she feels just as loved by me and my brothers.

While I have been writing this, Addie and her new friend, Anna, have been marching in and out of the room playing musical instruments as loud as they can.  Its so fun to have a little girl living right next door, and the two of them play together so well.  Its new for me not to have to entertain Addie all day on my own, but I think I'm adjusting nicely.



We planted a garden last Saturday.  I can't tell you how excited I am to have a garden this year!  It never was successful at our old house due to a large shady tree, but I think this year we'll actually be able to eat from our garden...and it will be full-sized produce!  Addie went out with me the following morning to water it.  We were both in our pajamas and flip-flops.


 Addie ran around the garden telling everything good morning.  "Good morning peppers!  Good morning squash!  Good morning Mr. Stripey (a type of tomato plant we have)!"


These two are definitely father and daughter.  They even sleep the same!  This was a Sunday afternoon nap on the floor.

And, to wrap this post up, I think its time for a few funny Addie sayings:

"I was thinking about having a tomato fight today."  (What?! How do you even know what that is?)

"I love you to pizzas!"

"Mom, was I a boy or a girl when I was born?"

Addie: "Mom, there are two kinds of babies, huh?" 
Me: "Really? What are they?" 
Addie: "The ones that cry and the ones that don't."

Addie said our night time prayer one night and included this line: "...and thank you that we can do cool things because we're human."

I gave Addie a piece of gum and warned her not to swallow it or she wouldn't get any for a long time.  She put it in her mouth and a minute later said, "Look mom!" and proudly showed me her empty mouth.  "You weren't supposed to swallow it, " I said.  She looked confused and insisted that she didn't swallow it, she just ate it.  I guess I shouldn't have assumed that my 3 year old knew what swallowing meant.

She fell and skinned her knee one evening and cried and cried about it.  I put some neosporin and a bandaid on it, but she was still upset.  While I was trying to make her feel better, she admitted the reason for the excess crying and worry:  "Do I (sob) have to kneel on it (sob)  for night time prayers?"

and here's a little Addie vocabulary:

Cheeser- a cheese grater
Whisker- a kitchen whisk
Hopdogs- hotdogs
Vindegar- vinegar...its fun to hear her sing Fish and Chips and Vinegar
Laba- lava
Tool!-  Cool!

I just have to write these down before I forget them. I love being Addie's mom!  I hope the next one is just as fun.

4 comments:

val said...

total lol on getting to do cool things because you're human. that's awesome.
what a cute little bug she is. glad you could at least see her eyeballs up on the stand singing.
what are you due again?

T+C said...

Loved this post!!!
I can't wait to see you in a month! Jason and the new baby and ADDIE!!! Boy do I miss her, thanks for putting those silly things she said up on your blog, they give me the biggest smile!

Julie said...

What a little cutie! So nice that you're writing these things down so you can remember her cuteness!

And I'm with you. EVERY day should be mother's day!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite vocabs (I don't know if she still says this) is:

tooties=cookies

Me and Shelley brought her cookies one time and she ran out after us saying "tanks for da tooties!"