Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bear Lake and House Sitting. This title is just the facts, no silly stuff.

I know this was a little while ago (July 11th, to be exact) but I still wanted to say a little something about it. Zachliz (or LiZach) had a going away BBQ (they are moving far, far away). Part of this rendezvous was at Bear Lake, a good choice says I. As is apparent from the photos, we had a fabulous time. The Walkeralians were there, the Mangi were there, Jorgs was there, and of course the Carrses. ( I just wanted to make a record of who was there in case one day I forget and its super important that I know.) I was surprised Addie loved it as much as she did considering it was a little cold and kind of icky. She took to it like a fish. Or a Lochness monster.

Faye, moi, and Addie playing in the sand. Addie liked to pile it all up on my hand and sweet Faye was helping to get the job done faster.

Life is pretty good, especially when its mixed with water. After the lake we got some raspberry shakes and then gathered at the Carrses' for some grub and sweet majesty. It was sweet majesty.

Then we house sat for my parents for two weeks while they were in New York. At first we were bored because most of our things were at our house and my parents live on a very quiet street. There are no drunks or punks walking up and down their street...weird. Addie loved hanging out with Nikita, the dog. It turns out they're quite a lot alike. They both beg for food, eat off the floor, get into the garbage, and need their #2s cleaned up for them. Anyway, after four or five days we started really enjoying the perks of my parents house: nice big yard, good food, quality air conditioning, and excellent TV options.

We also took advantage of the wider-than-two-feet driveway and washed the car and the motorcycle. Addie liked getting the parts we just dried all wet again. She was a big help.

Addie had such a great time washing the motorcycle. The excitement lasted right up until 3 seconds after I snapped this picture. She slipped on her towel and hit her head on the fridge. Its rough to be one.

Like good pals do, Addie and Nikita shared the pool.

They also shared nearly every meal. Addie learned quick that whatever she didn't want, the dog did.

We also had company a few times while staying at my parents' house. Robyn and Lincoln stayed one night and Abbey and Mya came to make it a party. I wish I would've taken more pictures! We had a really fun time and I would like to do it every week, please. Anyway, this picture clearly shows that Mya and Addie are good friends...or like to look at each other, anyway. Cute kids.

No comments: