Monday, July 6, 2009

Eureka! It's Father's Day!

This is going back a bit, but I wanted to post about it anyway. We went to Richfield on Father's Day weekend to help farm and to see Jason's family. Here are the pictures:

On the way to Richfield we stopped in Eureka to visit Porter Rockwell's house. Yep, it still stands, it's just been relocated to the middle of a nearly abandoned mining town. Here's J waiting for Ol' Port to come have a drink of Valley Tan with him.

I walked from the front room to the back room ( it was only a two room dwelling) and was nearly attacked by this bear lounging on the top bunk. I was scared. Lucky for him, though, he was already dead.

Addie slept through the whole event, but we still included her in pictures just so she'll have proof that she's napped at the Destroying Angel's house. I'll just sum up the experience with one word: wheat!

Grandpa/ Great Grandpa Utley's dog had ten puppies so we took the girls over to see them. Addie was not so sure about them, but I thought they were pretty adorable. It was sort of chilly outside so Cami and Caitie were putting them inside their jackets to keep them warm.


Unlce Nate won Addie's heart by building her this awesome little bench! It currently sits against the wall in her room and she loves to climb on it and put her toys on it. Thanks Uncle Nate!

We spent some time irrigating the fields while we were there. I like weekend farming...there's nothing like just getting down right dirty and working hard for just a few days! Addie likes being out there, too...mostly because of Uncle Eric.

This is what Addie got for J for father's day. I swear she picked it out by herself and even helped make the card! It's a frustrating motorcycle puzzle, just what any father would want! He recently finished it and its pretty cool, but it did frazzle some nerves. It beats me why the age on the package is 3 and up. Anyway, Addie has a pretty rad dad and she loves him to pieces!

1 comment:

Melenie said...

I go back and forth thinking that she looks like you, to saying she's all Utley. Either way, what a cute gal!