Monday, July 6, 2009

New Discoveries in the Life of Addie

1. Mashed potato naps...

2. Uncle Eric... (my little brother just got back from his mission a few weeks ago. Addie was born while he was gone, so it was their first time meeting...they're already best buds, though! We are really happy to have him home!)

3. toddle walkers... All day long she just wants to walk with someone holding her hands, but it is tiring and back breaking. The solution: this awesome Ikea cart. She pushes it around all the time! She can't turn it yet, so you have to watch her and correct her direction before she wrecks. The neighbors all think she's so cute walking down the sidewalk with her cart that they come out and take pictures of her... I have no idea what they do with the photos, but who wouldn't want a picture of a rad kid?

4. chalk... I found my old sidewalk chalk and taught Addie all about graffiti. She took to it like a pro.

5. relaxing under the shade of a fake tree while enjoying the company of a fake dog on her awesome little bench... and its all in her room! No rain can touch this kid's indoor park!

6. toilet paper...

7. time warping on what only appears to be an average playground swing...

And I will post about her birthday and the 4th of July fun later, my no-longer-napping baby calls.

4 comments:

kate said...

Wow.. one year! What a doll. I love the tree in her room! Is it fabric?

Oh, and timewarp.. super cool.

jason and andrea said...

Yeah, I made it with fabric and iron-on interfacing. Then I glued it onto my wall with tacky glue...hope it comes off!

Julie said...

All so cute. She's growing up so fast--can't believe she can walk and push a cart too. What a great find.

Melenie said...

Time-warping! What a talented girl!