Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Help! I'm trapped in an old woman's body!

I reached a new stage in pregnancy this week, the I'm-so-tired-and-out-of-breath-without-even-doing-anything stage. I get so fatigued all the time now! Here is an example of what I mean: Yesterday Jason and I decided to walk to Shopko. By the time we got there, I was so tired I had to rest on a chair in the patio furniture display section before I could begin shopping for anything. Then, after finding what we wanted, I had to rest again before leaving. On the way home I had to stop every few yards to rest...I felt like I had just run a marathon! It got really exciting when Jason was practically carrying me across a parking lot and I almost passed out. My vision got really blurry, I felt really hot, and my legs stopped working. Jason got me to a grassy parking strip where I laid down while people stared at me while driving by. Jason ran home to get the car because I knew I wouldn't make it home otherwise. I was so happy to be home, and so happy that Jason was with me! I guess I really need to be careful about how much I exert myself. Also, my balance it suddenly way off. Today I was doing a little weeding in the back flower beds, and when I stood up, a lost my balance and fell on my bum. I tried grabbing the weed bucket on my way down, but, oddly enough, it didn't stop me from falling. Wow, being pregnant is such an daily adventure!

4 comments:

Melenie said...

I was impressed that you did so well climbing all of those stairs at the Blaze game, what a difference a few days makes! Hopefully you'll survive the upcoming heat.

Julie said...

Take it easy, put your feet up and make Jason make you a smoothie! Spend the entire last month sleeping as much as you possibly can! You'll thank me later.

Robyn said...

Oh wow, It's funny how fast I've forgotten what it was like but this post makes me remember! And I'm sure it is way worse for you because you don't have much to stabilize you in the first place!

I can't explain how excited I am for you guys! I just can't wait for you to experience being parents! It is so awesome!!!!!!!

ColtRon & Nate said...

laugh laugh laugh,sounds like you need a robotic leg or something, but dont sugjest that to jason or he might try to cut off one of your legs. this is colton and nathan utley by the way, our blog is http://coltonate.blogspot.com/
you should check us out sometime, i mostly made it so i can comment you guys and i dont really know how it works but i'm getting the hang of it :)