Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jack-modo and the Valentines

 Time to do some catching up, I suppose.  I've been spending all of my time drawing pictures for a book (more on that later) and none of my time blogging.  So I'll begin where my last post left off,way back in February:


I was cooking in the kitchen when I glanced over at Jack just to see what he was up to.  My heart stopped and I feeling of panic crept over me when I suddenly noticed hump on his back that wasn't there before.  "Addie?"  I called, my voice a little shaky, "Did you put something in Jack's shirt?"  "Yes," she answered from down the hall, "just my socks!"  Whew, he didn't have a massive and aggressive tumor or a crazy allergic reaction to lunch.  It didn't help his look at all that he stood with a bit of a crouch and had an insane grin on his face.  This picture really cracks me up whenever I look at!


Addie made Valentine's for her preschool classmates and her neighborhood friends.  She was pretty excited about it, or maybe just the sight of candy makes her giddy.


He is one Cool Dude, and he knows it.


Our first almost-warm day of the year (notice our coats) we spent outside in the driveway. Here's Addie jump-a-roping.  She hasn't quite figured out how to do it, but she likes trying anyway.  Maybe if she kept her head up...


And here's Jack exploring the many wonders of driveway cracks for the first time.  He also tasted a lot of chalk and leaves.


Jack just wants to always be on the move, which is why he took to this wagon so quickly.  It's hard to believe he's only 9 months old in this photo.


Here he is relaxing in his highchair.  He looks oh so comfy with all that luxurious hard plastic surrounding him, doesn't he?  He is such a happy kid, it's hard not to take a picture of him smiling.


But when he gets busted while pulling things out of the cupboard, the smile is gone.  He especially likes to dump cereals and pastas on the floor. 


On another warm-ish day, we played in the sandbox.  Jack was really into banging toys together.  Notice how awesome the sand looks coming out of Addie's sifter.  Man, I love my kids, but my favorite part of this picture is the sand. 





No comments: