Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Lake Powell 2012
Addie fell asleep during the houseboat ride from dock to beach. The anticipation of the trip mixed with heat and vinyl cushions makes for one sweaty coma.
Babies are at risk for such comas too, despite wearing bulky flotation devices. This is just further proof that babies can sleep anywhere. It's too bad that skill gets lost somewhere along the way to adulthood, because I would benefit greatly from it.
Addie and Jack are snuggle buddies, even on vacation. I guess I should say that Addie is a snuggle buddy, because Jack doesn't really have a choice.
Jack loved the lake. He was so content to just sit and let the waves wet his little toes, and I was just as content to sit there with him. Vacations are good.
Addie was a little mermaid the whole time and was in the water from dawn to dusk everyday. I did manage to catch her out of the water in this photo. It was probably the only time. She and Caitie were hard at work with their sand construction.
Jack got a little lake immersion, too. Doesn't he look so relaxed?
Jason took him out for his first dip. He didn't love it at first, but he quickly got used to the water and joined in the party.
This year we had sea doos, which are both scary and thrilling. Bapa and Addie went for a ride and spun some donuts.
We also had a couple of little old men along on this trip. If I didn't tell you this is actually a picture of little baby cousins, you would go on believing it was two old men, wouldn't you? Babies are awesome that way. Stetson and Jack hung out a little bit, but were both fairly busy with eating, pooping, and sleeping to get any good quality time in. They know they're peeps, though.
We went on a boat ride one day to find some arches. We looked really hard and just about missed them, but lo and behold, we found 'em. Sneaky rock formations, those arches.
Bapa, Jack, and Jason. It was a triple-generation boat adventure.
Another sneaky arch.
Addie really wanted the last few drops in that can. She could see them, but they just weren't coming out. I watched this for a good five minutes before I decided to take a picture.
Jack had a little outdoor sand nap...
... in the opening of an awesome sand cave. He will thank us for this one day.
Here's a couple of lake giants out for a stroll, most likely gazing down on unsuspecting but delicious vacationers. Okay, it's just Addie and Jason, but you get that eery giant feeling looking at them, am I right?
Addie and I took turns burying and labeling each other.
This was Addie's first time writing "mom". I'll be honest, it was a touching and emotional moment.... can we just move on to the next picture please?
A Lake Powell trip wouldn't be complete without some beach game tournaments! And this year, there were no ants to throw off anyone's game.
Addie really loved it this year and was sad when it was time to go. I asked her, "Do you want to come back next year?" and she said, "No! (sniffle) I want to come back tomorrow!" After a good shower and a night in my bed, I would be ready to come back, too. As always, Lake Powell is definitely a big highlight of the entire year. Thanks, Nana and Bapa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment