Tuesday, April 17, 2012

St. Patty's and a Polar Bear

Addie and I made a leprechaun trap just before St. Patrick's Day. Since everyone knows leprechauns can't resist rainbows, slides, or gold, we combined all of those things into one deceptive trap. Introducing: the Lucky Rainbow Slide (with gold at the bottom!).

It lured him in, but I guess it wasn't quite good enough since he got away. He left his hat in a hurry to escape, though, so it wasn't a complete loss.

He played a little trick on us by leaving what we thought were gold coins but turned out to be chocolate instead. You can't trust a leprechaun, that's for sure. Above is Addie sporting the hat with the "gold" in hand.

Addie immediately went looking in the garage for him (of course! Where else would a leprechaun hide?). When nothing turned up, she expanded her search to include the backyard. She took off running across the yard after a glimpse of something green, but it turned out to be some tape on the watering system for the garden. She spent a good hour on the hunt, but I suspect he was long gone and having a hearty laugh by then. Maybe next year.


And here's an angry polar bear having a bath at our house. She makes better faces and meaner- sounding roars than I have ever been able to do in my 27 years of practice. She's headed for big things in this life.

No comments: