Later that day we made chocolate pudding (Addie licked all the dishes clean from that). We also decorated our kitchen (and Daddy's slippers and bathrobe) with paper hearts. We had a fancy dinner (with heart-shaped breadsticks even!) and followed it all up with a family dance party. I was having too much fun to remember to take pictures of it all. Jason gave me a new pillow since I am very much dissatisfied with the one I have, and probably mention it nearly every night. What a dear husband!
Last Friday was a beautiful day and Addie wanted to go to the park. I told her I'd take her to the school playground as soon as the kids got out of school. She kept looking out the window all morning, waiting to see the school kids. She was downstairs in the playroom when they finally started coming home, screaming and singing at the top of their lungs as is customary with these particular kids. She ran upstairs and we put on our shoes and headed out. She had a coat and hat, but it was too warm to wear them the entire time.
Warning: this will turn the end of your nose a lovely shade of orange. Sometimes I feel bad that Jason has to go to work and I get to stay home and play... but then we have a day of whining, potty accidents, laundry, tears, and constant opposition and I don't feel so bad anymore. (Well, maybe just a little still.)
1 comment:
Looking back at your post about Addie drawing and making up monster names, I think you should expose her to Shel Silverstein's "Don't Bump the Glump!" She could probably compile a comparable project within a few days!
On a similar note ...looking at the password verification to leave this comment (the password for this comment is "beembr"), I think you could get a lot of inspiration for good monster names from these crazy words they come up with.
Post a Comment