Well it's about time I did this! I've been spending all of my free time on book illustrations and not allowing myself to do anything else. I'm still not done (three pages to go!) but I'm seriously tired of doing them. I will be so happy when I'm finally done so that I can do other things, like finish Addie's house that was supposed to be for Christmas.
Easter (April 4th)

Grandma and Addie looking at what the Easter Bunny had brought. There were a lot of good things in there but Addie was most excited about the Teddy Grahams.

We all (Patrick, Camille, Jason, Andrea and Addie) went over to Tyler and Clare's for Easter lunch. Uncle Ty teaches Addie something new just about every time they are together. This is a picture of them drawing pictures together, but just prior to this Ty taught Addie how to do push-ups.
Injury Recovery ( March 28th)

This is the morning after Addie's worst accident ever. We were sitting on the couch watching Finding Nemo (Addie's favorite movie) when she stood up to move over a little bit and ended up catching her foot on the blanket and falling off the couch...right onto her little wooden chair. Lip met chair back and resulted in a lot of crying and a lot of blood. I quickly picked her up and took her into the kitchen. I grabbed a towel and started cleaning up the blood spilling out of her mouth. Then I took her into the bathroom and set her on the counter. Then I picked her up again and put her back on the kitchen counter. I really didn't know what to do with her at this point. So I called Jason who was at a friend's house watching UFC fights. "Come home and see a busted up lip and blood in real life, "I said. No, I didn't. I just asked him to come home. Then I called my mom who was full of wise advice. We got the bleeding to stop, discovered where it was all coming from and then decided whether it was serious enough to take her into Kids Care or not. It wasn't. All it really needed was an otter pop and some motrin. She had one fat lip, however, and eating was a miserable chore for her. When she decided my breakfast was easier to eat than hers I let her have it all, thus the double spoon and double bowl. I was impressed to watch her eat with both spoons at the same time.
St. George Getaway (March 18-23)

We were in St. George for almost a week and Addie had started a new routine at the grandparents' home: wake up, eat breakfast, water the plants, feed the chickens, gather the eggs and jump on the tramp. The day we left we had to cut her routine short and skip the trampoline. She was not for it.

Yeah, she's pretty good at gathering eggs. And by the look on her face, I think she's knows it too.

Feeding the chickens left over Sunday dinner with grandpa.

We went on a hike in Snow Canyon which was something I've been wanting to do all winter long. Addie wanted to pick up every rock and put it in her pocket. If it was too big for her pocket then she was determined to carry it the whole way. She must have packed about a pound of rocks back to the car.

Notice the large rock in her hand. I was surprised by her toddler strength to carry that rock over a mile of sand and rock trails.

Daddy, Addie, Tyler (peeking through the carrier), Camille and Clare.

Addie really loved riding around in this car with Caitie. In fact, when you would tell her to go get in the car because we were going somewhere she would go get in this car. This is Addie's idea of traveling. If she had a choice, she would have picked this car to drive home in.

Pointing at the moon. If you ever need help finding the moon, Addie is your man. Or tot.

Addie and Caitie heading out to the trampoline. The weather was absolutely perfect...and then we came home to a snow storm.
Grab Bag Photos (mid-March)

Addie has a little pull-toy dog that she likes to take on walks (Thanks Crystal!). On this day we were headed to the library.

She thinks the giant bronze beet in front of the library is fabulous. She has a need to touch it every time we pass it.

Cookies and milk. Addie's really into dipping right now... she even dipped her cookie the soup we had for dinner that night.
2 comments:
These pictures are all just so great!
I can't believe how grown up she's looking. What a "big" girl you have. Time for another?
Post a Comment