Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crazy Messed-Up Dream, Dinosaur teeth and Patti

It is now time for a new post! Not too much is going on around here...Jason is working, shooting guns and playing raquetball (not at the same time, although that would be quite a game to watch) while I learn how to make new things (English muffins, felt hair clips and aprons) and play with Addie Pie. Addie has learned a few new things, like thumbs up, handshakes and cooking (mostly stirring and dumping ingredients into the bowl, not anything where heat or sharp things are required). Life has been good to us. Addie was sick a little while ago and had a stuffy nose, so we gave her nose drops. Since then she pretends that every bottle is nose drops and tries to give them to us. I really need to videotape all of the funny things she does before she stops doing them! I wish I had something funny to write, but I honestly can't thing of anything that has happened lately. I did have a super messed-up dream the other night that I was really happy to wake up from. I'll clearly define where it is in this post to make it easy to bypass, just in case you have a weak stomach or just prefer not to know about my crazy messed-up dream.

BEGINNING OF CRAZY MESSED-UP DREAM:
It was one of those huge-cast dreams where pretty much everyone you know is in it. It started out with me and all my cousins packing to leave for Florida. Halfway through I had to leave and go visiting teaching. Then I came back and we left for Florida. We had a house on the beach and I was enjoying the sand when my cousin came down the steps eating my cottage cheese. I yelled at him about how he ate it all and he'll have to buy me more. He said, "Maybe if you ask nicely." I gave him a sarcastic smile and then yelled, "Buy me more!" Kind of weird. And then Jason and I saw an Open House and so we decided to take a look inside, just for fun. The people seemed kind of nice at first, but the further we got into the house the meaner and creepier they got. They had a lot of junk and trash everywhere and they were complete hill-billies. They had dozens of big white dogs all chained up and foaming at the mouths downstairs. Oh, and a live fish skewered onto a broken broom handle. We were coming back up the stairs when the lady asked, "Do you like it? Either way (deep, demon voice begins here ) you're staying here forever!" We tried to run away but they locked us up in a closet. We managed to break out and we sneaked down the hall and peeked into a room where two guys were sharpening huge blades. One of them hacked at a bloody cow leg to see if it was sharp enough (the blade, not the leg) and mentioned something about how much they loved their hobby. We then sneaked past the lady talking to a portrait on the wall and then went out into the backyard. One of the sons was pulling up in a yellow truck so we hid in a bush. Then one of the daughters came walking by with a bag of Arby's. She saw us but was nice and gave us the truck keys so we could escape. We jumped in the truck and took off down the streets. There were a lot of women holding their children and walking down the streets singing some sad song. They would all stare at us as we drove by and I mentioned something to Jason about how I wish we could help them. Then I woke up because Addie was crying. I think she may have had a crazy dream, too.
END OF CRAZY MESSED-UP DREAM.
Feel free to analyze it and tell me what it means. The scariest part about it all is the fact that it all came out of my brain. I felt like a nice, normal person until I had this dream. It might (or might not) be comforting to know that other people have had bad dreams like this one. Now that I've written it all out I kind of wish I hadn't. Like I really want to remember this always. Oh well.

On to better things: we took Addie to a museum on Monday night to check out the dinosaur exhibit. She was so impressed! She loved touching all the rows of dinosaur teeth and excavating bones in the sandbox. While we were there I ran into an old high school friend, Patti, that I lost touch with and haven't seen for nearly six years. She helped educate me in the Latin Culture (she was from the Honduras) by teaching me how to Latin dance in her living room and giving me my first (and second to last) chicharrone (fried pig fat). When I had made good enough progress with my living room dance skills we moved on to Latin dance clubs (namely the Tropicana) which is where, incidentally, I had my first kiss. I know, classy. She was there for that, too. She taught me enough Spanish to be able to order horchata and a burrito at Alberto's. We've had a lot of fun together so it was so awesome to run into her and meet her little family. Awesome.

2 comments:

kate said...

Whoa. That is a crazy dream!!

Hope you guys are doing well! It's been FOREVER since we've seen you!

Robyn said...

I think you should write a screenplay and make some money off of this story. It's perfect for a hollywood horror blockbuster. You might have to make it a bit longer, but I think it could be great. Two parents trapped, trying to get back to their baby, product placement(arbys), lots of blood and gore with no real rhyme or reason to it. It's promising.

Oh and I've had weirder dreams, so I wouldn't let this one worry you too much!