Okay, I'm going to try this again. I sat down to write a post about a week ago and TWICE I lost the post in the middle of typing it. The first time was because the computer decided to reboot itself without permission (naughty computer) and the second time was because I unknowingly pressed a magic key that deletes everything you've written in the blink of an eye and exits you out of the page entirely. I wish I knew which key it was because it would sure come in handy if I ever become a spy that types up top-secret documents that I may need to erase all evidence of it a matter of milliseconds. Anyway, I'll try to remember everything I was writing or was wanting to write. First of all, Merry Christmas everyone! There are two specific things I want to write down before they exit my mind completely and it takes a brain surgeon with a shish kabob stick poking around in my gray matter to remember them.
First: We (meaning Jason, Addie and moi) went to Orem/Provo (I don't know which one...is there even a difference? Let's just rename the whole area Orvo for simplicity's sake.) to have dinner with Eric, his lovely new bride Megann, and Uncle Marty and Aunt Linda. We went to Maria Bonita and as luck would have it, Maria Bonita herself waited on our table. What I really want to remember about this are the nicknames Maria bestowed upon us. Addie and I were "Princessas" and Jason was "Champion (Shamp-yon). It was nice. I think I may write a story called The Princessa and the Champion. Anyway, it was tasty food and excellent company. It was fun to get together with family that we don't see that often. Also, as we were leaving one of the waitresses told me to take care of the baby. I wasn't going to, but since she said that...
Second: Addie got a Christmas dress from my mom. It's really adorable and she looks like a little Christmas present in it. One of the coolest features of this dress are the little silky red shorts that come with it. You know, a diaper-hider. I took off her dress after church two Sundays ago and saw her standing there in her silky red shorts and her black tights and I thought, "Well whaddayknow! She looks like a tiny old-school boxer." This was the beginning of boxing lessons for Addie. She's pretty good. As soon as I figure out how to get the video footage off of Jason's phone I'll post it because its pretty funny. Anyway, fast forward to a week later when Addie and I were having lunch: she was pointing and things around the room and I was telling her their names when she pointed to a box. I said, "Box," and she started boxing. And so, when Addie sees the box or hears the word box, she starts boxing. For her next lesson I think we'll have Addie box a box.
That's all I'm going to write right now because I've got to get back to work on Addie's house. I'm sewing her a play house for Christmas. I'll post pictures when I'm finished. Happy Holidays everyone!
2 comments:
Andrea, have I ever told you that I think you have a knack for telling stories both verbally and written? That's a pretty good skill. Well, I just want to wish y'all a very merry Christmas. We should most definitely get together soon.
We must see a picture of Addie in her silky red boxing shorts and black tights! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment