Thursday, October 22, 2009

Photoless post of Pure Busy-ness

It's been awhile and I frankly don't have time to write a real post with photos right now, but I thought I'd write a few things.
  • On the documentary: Jason received a box of chocolates and a thank you card as payment. Tasty payment.
  • What we've been up to: Tyler and Clare were married a few weekends ago so we were in St. George for that. It was great being in my favorite town spending time with some of my favorite people. It was a beautiful wedding and a lot of fun. Eric and Megan's wedding is coming up in three-ish weeks so we'll be back down south for more fun.
  • We went to Richfield for the deer hunt last weekend. Fortunately we didn't get anything (neither one of us likes to eat deer). It was fun just to be away for the weekend on the family farm.
  • We finally finished the kitchen (meaning putting up the new baseboards ) and it only took a month. I love having my kitchen back in sane order and I love the new tile and baseboards. I feel so fancy in my kitchen! I need a lacy apron to match.
  • I've been keeping myself super busy with a million ideas. I swear I spend 90% of my time thinking up new things to make/ do and 10% doing them. My list keeps growing. I just taught myself how to knit and knitted my first mitten. I'll have to post a photo when I'm done with the pair. I plan on making a pair for Addie and then making twenty-four more to make a Christmas advent calendar....probably for Christmas next year or the year after. I'll be such a pro at knitting mittens when I'm done. I'm also working on book illustrations (did I ever mention I'm illustrating a children's book? It's about a witch who can't say boo...it will be published next year if I ever finish the illustrations) and its going swimmingly albeit slow. I have a list of Christmas presents to make (table tent, felt sack lunch, etc. ) and I've just begun a project to refinish a dining table that recently came into my possession. It will be so incredibly awesome if my somewhat tricky plan for it is pulled off without any bumps (literally and figuratively). I'll post pictures of that, too. I'm focusing all my time on that project right now since its supposed to get really cold soon (snow on Tuesday) and I won't want to be outside working on it. Oh, and at some point I need to do a painting of the Salt Lake temple at the request of my dear little brother.
  • Jason has been working hard and thinking up new ways to save us money, which is always on his mind. He's pretty good at what he does (both his job and saving money).
  • Addie is about to pop out new teeth and is none to happy about it. She's as silly and crazy as ever. She keeps busy by rearranging our house. She gives loads of kisses and loves to be outside. When she's tired or falling asleep she tugs at my ears. It has to be my ears, not anyone else's. She likes to help me with stuff, like unloading the dishwasher (she hands me the utensils one at a time), throwing away garbage, and putting away laundry (she carries the socks for me). She even helped me do a little sanding on the table this morning. Oh, and she helped herself to the paint two days ago when we were painting the new baseboards. She grabbed the brush and painted the top of the paint can. She actually did a pretty decent job, but she got some on her clothes. She can also laugh like a vampire.
So, in short, we're not so completely bored that we have nothing to write about on this blog. Its quite the opposite, in fact. When things settle down a bit I'll do an exciting post with photos to match, but meanwhile just know that we are having a swell time!

4 comments:

Melenie said...

You ARE really busy! Sounds like Addie is too. We were told (a few times) that Tyler and Clare's reception had the best food ever. Too bad we missed out. :)
I can't wait to see the kitchen! We need to get together before Christmas at least.

Ben & Kim said...

Way to go on the projects! Hopefully, if you aren't too busy with family, we'll see you in a few weeks!

Julie said...

I'm sorry I missed the wedding and didn't get to see you guys (Kason was throwing up all day and Tige was out of town). That's exciting that you're illustrating a book. Wow! You're so talented. When it's published, we'll be sure to buy a copy.

Zach said...

I've been thinking about doing a blog with no pics. So much easier. Hey! I just remembered a celebrity dream I (Zach)had the other night. So I was at a concert and I thought Ben Folds was going to play 'cause Ben was walking around. Then right before the curtains were opened, Ben sat next to me and the Mates of State were the ones putting on the show! And then...right as they played their first note my alarm woke me up. I think I get some cool points since Ben Folds decided to sit next to me. Yes?

Vampire laugh? Whoa!

P.S. Word verification for this comment: "sthobi" = someone who is working on curing their lisp asking for a Sobe drink and starting it out right but then falling back into the lisp.