Addie is not a huge fan of apples.I just thought I'd post what we've been up to: nothing. We've been doing regular, normal things with no exciting upsets, which is just fine. I did run over a little boy with a shopping cart a few weeks ago. I was at Walmart ( I really don't like shopping there, and this story just adds to that feeling) and I was going down a dark, narrow shoe aisle with Addie along for the ride when I bumped into to something. I didn't bother to look because I figured it was a box of shoes on the floor. (Walmart has more items on the floor than any other store I've been in...why is that? Oh, maybe because the whole world is shopping there at once.) Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw this man look at me and then at whatever I bumped into. So, thinking I must have ran into his pile of things to purchase, I looked around Addie's carseat to see what was there. I was very suprised to see a pair of eyes staring up at me (I say a pair of eyes because it was such a dark aisle, that's all that was visible). Whoops! I just ran over someone's child, that's all. I immediately apologized to both the man and his son, and the man said, "It's okay," and smiled. He had a gold tooth. Who wants to stick around and look at shoes after an embarrasing encounter like that? So I left and went to find Jason so we could go home right away and never go back there again. Maybe there should be a height requirement for operating shopping carts, just for safety reasons. Or maybe they should be equipped with mirrors. Anyway, I guess it counts as an exciting upset. Or maybe just an upset.
Tyler (Jason's little brother) has moved nearby so we get to see him more often, and that's exciting. We're going on a trip to Florida at the end of February just for the hey of it. We knew we would be really sick of the cold by then (we already are now) so we thought a trip to one of the warmest place in the states would be cheer us up. I'm really looking forward to spending time on the beach with Jason and our little Addie, and Jason's excited about the Everglades. This will be our first family vacation!
Addie thinks she's so tricky these days and likes to move around when no one is watching so no one knows how she's doing it. I did see her roll from her back to her belly and then onto her back again for the first time yesterday, which sort of explains how she's getting around these days.
We had a visit from the Bess' on Sunday and that was pretty cool! It was fun to see the girls together, even if all they did was poke each other's faces.
Annie and Addie: good friends, even though they might know it yet.
We are starting good habits early. Actally, this is the toothbrush we use to brush her hair.
Oh, and she can sit by herself now.

Addie has a new crib! It was a Christmas present from my parents and it came a few days ago. We are really excited! We don't have sheets for it yet so she hasn't slept in it yet. I think she'll really like the extra room to move around in! (We'll take the plastic off the mattress before she sleeps in it.)
Well, I guess that'll do for now.
3 comments:
Just thinking about Walmart gives me heartburn.
Poor little boy getting run over. That's hilarious. Good thing you didn't run over a child of someone who would've freaked out.
Florida?? I'm jealous!
Good thing Wal-Mart security didn't see that or your cart-pushing license could have been revoked. I know, 'cause once I made a doublewide turn in Shopko and caused an older gentleman to veer off into a rack of those things that pinch opened bags of chips shut. They didn't even get on the old guy's case for not wearing his corrective lenses. I could have fought it but I thought, "At least I've still got a license to carry around plastic baskets".
People with gold teeth are usually good natured. Or pirates. Or King Midas after he touched his tooth.
Any room on the Florida plane for someone from Wisconsin? I'll bring a complementary cheese head. Addie is such a cutie. Too bad about the apples.
Post a Comment